Sunday, August 16, 2009

Amateur Abstract

Since my last post, Razzle Dazzle Crafting and its creator have moved into a new home — a rented duplex. This gives my husband and I a much better quality of life, seeing as we don't have to literally step on each other when we're in the kitchen at the same time.

The new digs also gives me a better opportunity for art and crafty time. I'll be posting some of our projects, which aren't necessarily crafty, or razzle-dazzle, but maybe just original and creative.

Creating a piece of art for a large bare living room wall was my first big project. At Hobby Lobby, I took advantage of the store's 40 percent off coupon that comes in the paper every other week. I bought a 2 foot X 4 foot blank canvass (for about $12), $8 worth of acrylic paint, cheap brushes, and a glass of Paducah Blue, a local wine from Lone Oak's Purple Toad Winery (delish!).

Anyway, I'm not a painter, but I think it turned out OK. I had a lot of fun doing it, and that's what counts. Plus, the hubs thinks it's pretty cool.

Here is the bare corner before decorating. And here is the finished corner. I bought the smoked teal glassware also at Hobby Lobby and on sale...the two large pieces cost me maybe $6 together. The lamp we got as a wedding present, and liked it so much, we bought another one to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment